2017 Dodge Barracuda Forum

2017 Dodge Barracuda Forum (https://www.barracudaforums.com/forum/)
-   New 2017 Dodge Barracuda News (https://www.barracudaforums.com/forum/3-new-2017-dodge-barracuda-news/)
-   -   What is it Like to Daily Drive a Classic Sports Car? (https://www.barracudaforums.com/forum/3-new-2017-dodge-barracuda-news/2137-what-like-daily-drive-classic-sports-car.html)

AutoGuide.com 01-31-2018 05:13 PM

What is it Like to Daily Drive a Classic Sports Car?

Quote:

Driving an old car in modern traffic is a unique experience, one that can be fraught with anxiety.

Does the person beside me in their enormous SUV actually see me, or am I swallowed by their blind spot? Is my cooling system strong enough to handle this endless bumper-to-bumper? Is my fuel gauge accurate or more of a 'suggestion?'
Read more about What is it Like to Daily Drive a Classic Sports Car? at AutoGuide.com.

Sushi 02-02-2018 12:35 PM

Those are some risks I'm willing to take with an older Cuda in somewhat good condition. Stuff breaking with older cars is just the norm though it would be nice to have both front and rear bumpers in case anything happens.

Newmuscle 02-02-2018 03:25 PM

Typically you don't have to worry about being seen in a classic car, because people can hear you from blocks away. That's the main problem with all these new hybrid and electrics, they don't make any noise! I have a feeling we're going to see the government implement mandatory sound generators in electrics, once they become more common on the road.

cuda 02-09-2018 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newmuscle (Post 5353)
Typically you don't have to worry about being seen in a classic car, because people can hear you from blocks away. That's the main problem with all these new hybrid and electrics, they don't make any noise! I have a feeling we're going to see the government implement mandatory sound generators in electrics, once they become more common on the road.

Design wise some do stand out and it will be normal that when as you spend more the more attractive the car gets or at least the segment will help define this (ex. hybrid sports car vs hybrid sub compact)

Sushi 03-22-2018 02:52 PM

Even without the loud noises that comes with age, a classic is easily spotted in a person's peripheral vision and makes them do a double take because of just how unique they look compared to whatever other cars that's out there. I'm guilty of blatantly ogling most classic cars I come across even if they aren't sports cars.

Newmuscle 04-05-2018 02:46 PM

Automakers should really consider bringing back the classic body styles and mating them with current age technology. I know VW is bringing back the Bus as an EV, and just recently I saw Mini do the same with a classic Cooper.