2017 Dodge Barracuda Forum

2017 Dodge Barracuda Forum (https://www.barracudaforums.com/forum/)
-   2017 Dodge Barracuda General Discussion Forum (https://www.barracudaforums.com/forum/9-2017-dodge-barracuda-general-discussion-forum/)
-   -   FCA Renews Cuda Trademark (https://www.barracudaforums.com/forum/9-2017-dodge-barracuda-general-discussion-forum/1986-fca-renews-cuda-trademark.html)

Hemi 06-22-2017 10:52 AM

FCA Renews Cuda Trademark

Seems that on June 16th, this year, FCA has renewed its trademark for "Cuda", and if you remember, they also renewed the trademark for "Barracuda" in 2015.

This really doesn't make anything definitive, but it does give us a bit more hope and we can see it's something that their thinking about. Considering the Challenger is set to depart in 2020, I'm sure we'll get some more in depth news and possibly confirmation towards the end of next year perhaps?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...70%20cuda1.jpg

cuda 06-23-2017 03:54 PM

That adds up well to what I heard about a new Challenger and Charger to come out in 2021, meaning these will all be based off the same platform. Maybe this time around they will use a much more nimble platform, similar to what GM did with the Camaro and ATS Coupe/Sedan

Hemi 06-27-2017 12:44 PM

They did say that the Cuda' will be utilizing whatever platform the Challenger is on a while back I believe, they also said it'll be a convertible and not hard top. Hopefully they do both.

cuda 06-30-2017 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemi (Post 4538)
They did say that the Cuda' will be utilizing whatever platform the Challenger is on a while back I believe, they also said it'll be a convertible and not hard top. Hopefully they do both.

I won't mind a convertible as long as its a hard top convertible. But if they really want to stay true to its predecessor then making a coupe and convertible is the way to go, too easy to do that and it results in more sales opportunity for them...that being undoubtedly important for a high production volume sports car.

BurningRubber 06-30-2017 01:25 PM

Yup, the Cuda' did have both options back then. Vinyl top I believe, but darn those things were gorgeous and they're fetching a real hefty price.

I'm not too sure if they'll do a hard-top convertible though as that's more weight to add, and I'm pretty sure it's going to be heavy enough already.

cuda 07-07-2017 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurningRubber (Post 4554)
Yup, the Cuda' did have both options back then. Vinyl top I believe, but darn those things were gorgeous and they're fetching a real hefty price.

I'm not too sure if they'll do a hard-top convertible though as that's more weight to add, and I'm pretty sure it's going to be heavy enough already.

But these are already heavy cars and are the most ideal to get a hard top, it's only when you get into smaller segments of sports cars that it shouldn't happen. Something along the lines of a FRS/BRZ. To pay homage to the past Cuda they should at least have some open top with a hard roof, even if its a T-Top or Targa.

BurningRubber 07-17-2017 10:56 AM

A Targa would be something I'd love. Hate that we don't see those anymore and I really think they're amazing. One piece, on/off, stow away in the trunk and call it a day.

cuda 07-21-2017 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurningRubber (Post 4586)
A Targa would be something I'd love. Hate that we don't see those anymore and I really think they're amazing. One piece, on/off, stow away in the trunk and call it a day.

It might have been unpopular among buyers as goes for most reasons that certain features get dropped. Easier to make it an option on a vehicle from a brand that was historically known for it.

After all Porsche does it and they have done it for many years on the 911.

BurningRubber 07-26-2017 02:05 PM

That is very true and I don't think Plymouth at those times ever had targas. It was only soft-top convertibles or hard tops. They didn't have T-Tops either I think. Chevy was making Corvettes with Targa tops and they also had a few vehicles with T-tops. Pontiac was doing it as well.

Hemi 07-27-2017 03:05 PM

It won't be a targa top. It'll be a convertible or hard top. It would be hopeful for even a T-Top but I highly doubt that happening. I don't think anyone makes T-Tops anymore and a good reason is because of the increased amount of seals needed and with failure could lead to water damages that would really "put a rain on your parade"