Favourite Classic Muscle - 2017 Dodge Barracuda Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

Favourite Classic Muscle

Hey guys,

Since news is still scare and there's a good chance of a long wait ahead, thought I'd create a new thread to share our love of classic muscle cars. So feel free to share a model/pic of either your dream muscle car that you'd love to see return or one that perhaps you've owned in the past.

I'll start with a Oldsmobile Cutlass 442. Seeing as how Oldsmobile isn't around anymore, we wont be seeing a return of this beauty, but I'd love to get my hands on an original.

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 01:15 PM

Oh that's a beauty. I'm a fan of the 1969 Yenko Chevelle L72 427 , a forgotten beauty these days and a lot of people probably didn't even know Chevy had a muscle car. That L72 427-inch big-block was good for 450hp and 460 lb-ft of peak torque thanks to the Yenko Super Tune. Those numbers are still impressive when compared to current offerings. But it'll forever be a pipe dream. I think less than 100 were produced and sold.

Newmuscle likes this.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 01:51 PM

For me it has to be the classic AAR Cuda. Following that is the Yenko Camaro, but first in line for me is always going to be the AAR!

Newmuscle likes this.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

I'm going to add another, because my dream list of muscle cars is quite extensive aha. 1967 Mustang Shelby GT 500 or Eleanor. The Shelby came equipped with a 428 cubic inch 7.0L V8, producing around 350 HP. Other than how incredibly beautiful it is, is was also one of the few muscle cars that was offered in both a 3-speed automatic or 4-speed manual.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 01:19 PM

I can't get over the gaping maw where the fog lights are located in the front. Would be better if they shifted those to the side IMO and just left the middle as a large grille.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

1969 Chevy Camaro SS. Hard to believe back then that the upgrade to the Super Sport was only an extra $300, how times have changed. The top end L78 engine cost $316 and put out 375-bhp.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 03:25 PM

So I already mentioned what are mostly dream super cars, getting into more practical and obtainable ones. For me its the Buick Grand National, as one of the last true muscle cars and still very affordable, its one I can see myself owning much sooner than any older muscle car:

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2018, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

I love the Grand National. I had an 85 Cutlass that had a very similar body style, and with the t top to boot. In good condition even GN is pretty expensive, there's a couple in my area selling for up to $30k. Imo is always more rewarding to get one in a little rougher shape and do some of the restoration yourself.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 03:08 PM

Not really a favorite, but Richard Petty's hemi-powered Plymouth Barracuda was on display last month at Rockingham Dragway for the car and truck show. Would have been nice to see something like that in person.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 06:58 AM

Real awesome car ...

Motor air channel substitution is in reality normally simple! Most new autos are made with the air channel simple to get to, however not all. A significant number of them are tucked inside the motor compartment such that it is difficult to get
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/ lodging open to get to the genuine filter.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page