test drive an Alfa Romeo Giulia? - 2017 Dodge Barracuda Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sammy

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation test drive an Alfa Romeo Giulia?

Since the Barracuda (expected 2019?) will be riding on the Giorgio platform which the Giulia rides on, testing out a Giulia might be worth it. This is not to say it could feel like the Barracuda but what it will do is give us a baseline for how this platform is. Even if its just to see for yourself how light and nimble this platform is, makes it all worth while.

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 05:30 AM

My friend from DSRLeasing has Giulia and I've been on a passenger seat a few times. It's really love car, very smooth and fast, it's a pleasure to ride in it and is a pretty darn fast as well!
Sushi likes this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 03:03 PM

I like the Giulia, not a bad car. coming down in price, now that dealers have overstocked them: https://www.autolist.com/prices#year...05888010000001

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2017, 12:56 PM

How fast a car goes is partially dependent on the engine, which I assume the Giulia won't share with the Barracuda. But how it handles will make it a back-road charmer. The Giulia’s ride-handling balance the platform was tuned for those roads and it has plenty of mid-corner grip.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-22-2017, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Probably a more accurate version of what the Barracuda could be like is the upcoming Alfa Romeo 5-Series rival, just due to its weight and displacement. Giulia might provide a false sense of nimbleness as it relates to the Cuda.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-22-2017, 01:03 PM

Looks like the Challenger and Charger won't be using the Giorgio platform that the Giulia sits on, Dodge is going with the Maserati Ghibli platfomr instead. So I assume the new Barracuda will also move away from the Girgio platform. This came from automotive News: http://www.autonews.com/article/2017...future-product
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
Looks like the Challenger and Charger won't be using the Giorgio platform that the Giulia sits on, Dodge is going with the Maserati Ghibli platfomr instead. So I assume the new Barracuda will also move away from the Girgio platform. This came from automotive News: http://www.autonews.com/article/2017...future-product
lucky for us that platform has roots in Chrysler models that we have been very familiar with, the 300 and Magnum being a couple of them as you will see here:

Quote:
Vehicles using the LX platform include:

2005– Chrysler 300 sedan,[2] station wagon (LE Only)
2005–2008 Dodge Magnum station wagon[3]
2006– Dodge Charger sedan[4]
2012–2015 Lancia Thema sedan[5] (2015 final year).
I guess we will just be getting a more muscle car feeling Ghibli if you want to put it like that.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page