OT: SRT Demon ?! - Page 2 - 2017 Dodge Barracuda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 03:49 PM

The next video segment came out and skinnies are present on the ground! Not too sure if it'll come with it or if they'll be optional but either way.... Skinnies for the fronts is insane! It'll handle like crap but in a straight line, winning. More weight-reduction and surface area on the front for less resistance.

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

They're saying that it should be coming with 757 horsepower so 50 more than the Hellcat because of the "badge" that read the serial number as 0757. That would make sense, and it would be a vast improvement on the Hellcat as it's going to be lighter (200 pounds to shed is naturally an extremely difficult task and very rewarding, especially with wheels), have more power, and the big kicker, drag radials.

Spinnin' ain't winnin'

Words to live by ^^
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRubber View Post
They're saying that it should be coming with 757 horsepower so 50 more than the Hellcat because of the "badge" that read the serial number as 0757. That would make sense, and it would be a vast improvement on the Hellcat as it's going to be lighter (200 pounds to shed is naturally an extremely difficult task and very rewarding, especially with wheels), have more power, and the big kicker, drag radials.

Spinnin' ain't winnin'

Words to live by ^^
The numbers get even better, all of this should come in for around $90k, which if you compare to what else you can get, its not too bad.

Basically this is Mopars "GTR" if you know what I mean.

And on that note it would be interesting to see this running a GT-R down the 1/4 mile.

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

If they run the GTR with the Demon having the slicks and skinnies on, taking into consideration the weight reduction and overall massive traction increase, I think it'll definitely chew the GTR up no problemo.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 09:52 AM

That tire wrinkle! This obviously will have no issue leaving the line and finally will be able to utilize all that power from the factory. No need to spend a good $1500 on tires...until you burn em' out. Which I can anticipate will be fairly quickly.

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 10:45 AM

Now, by the sounds of the Demon in that last video, it has me picturing Import guys having a response similar to what's seen if you skip to 2:00 in this video....

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

LOL that's exactly what it'll be like. Always loved that part of the movie. It was probably the most realistic part of it haha.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 02:49 PM

My family has always been diehard muscle and always frown upon imports lol. This was their favorite part of the movie and they wouldn't start oodling about it after. But that's the reality of it. No replacement for displacement. Period.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 02:09 PM

Funny enough with the Demon said to be in an upcoming Fast and Furious movie, we might see it in some promo that pulls in parts of the movie. Similar to what GM did with transformers in the past.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 03:00 PM

The only big thing at this point is we don't have exact hp and torque numbers. I think we have everything else. They released enough relevant information

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page