2019 Barracuda Exclusively as a Convertible - 2017 Dodge Barracuda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-06-2016, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

2019 Barracuda Exclusively as a Convertible

In more recent news, something that we have already discussed has seemed to become more solid. Insider talks suggest that the 2019 Dodge Barracuda will come exclusively as a convertible. Sporting almost the same backbones and powertrains as the 2019 Dodge Challenger will, just with it's own body panels, a tad smaller than the next gen Challenger, and of course, convertible.

The next generation Challenger SRT Hellcat will be pushing "at least 750hp" which is quite the bump from the already insane output it produces from factory. This may pose issues with the new 2025 CAFE standards but.. I think they can do it. At least I hope...

I think my anxiety has gotten a little worse now.

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-06-2016, 02:10 PM

As long as it's a hard top convertible then i'll be happy with it and it's probably the only way they can market it to the demographic they're targeting. Maybe this will be a model that will bring in a lot of FR Mopar 2-door buyers?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

I'm actually not too sure if it'll be a hardtop. If they're gonna try to go for the retro aspect, I'm imagining a vinyl top.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

UPDATE : September 8th, sudbury.com, posted an piece about Dodge's future moves. Dodge has said that they want to launch a convertible based on the new Giorgio chassis that could use the Barracuda name.

So it seems like that's pretty much it. I'm actually starting to feel like I want a hardtop version myself.

The platform will be used after 2018 and built in Italy, so it seems the 2019 goal may work out after all.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 02:13 PM

sometimes they won't announce all version of a model right away, what they will do is tell you about some standard offering they'll make available from launch, then some time down the road they roll out more. I just really hope there's not much of a wait to get the coupe, I don't want a vert.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

That is true, and I can definitely see more of a demand for the coupe than the vert nonetheless so I'm sure they'll see it too. But... If I do end up going for a vert version, you can bet there's gonna be a cage in there lol.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 04:38 PM

one thing that can be said is they already sell a coupe, the challenger, so just like the classic a vert might not be that bad of a thing to only have here. plus there are examples from other car makers were models only available as a vert sold very well. the math adds up
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-21-2016, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Ah.. it is a possibility I guess. Either way, I'll just have to make something work lol.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 03:35 PM

If it picks up enough momentum then we might just see some aftermarket company come out with a hardtop conversion but with you able to buy a coupe from Dodge, it might just be useless for a while. 10+ years out that idea might be revisited.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-25-2016, 04:10 PM

You can't really add a retractable hard top if it doesn't come like that from factory. I hope it comes with a hardtop, a convertible cuda would look so off with a fabric one.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page