1970 Barracuda Resurrected With 825 HP - 2017 Dodge Barracuda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

1970 Barracuda Resurrected With 825 HP

Stuffing a high-horsepower Hemi engine into a Barracuda is nothing new, it’s actually tradition this stunning 1970 ‘Cuda you see is one such beast.

Zach Ingram’s Z Rodz and Customs worked in collaboration to restore Casey Hornik’s 1970 ’Cuda in time for 34th Annual Hot Rod Roundup. Found in a salvage yard with plenty of rust, the ’Cuda was converted from unibody construction into a body-on-frame configuration and painstakingly put back together.

The sheer amount of work needed includes cutting out the entire stock floorpan and replacing it with one made from 16-gauge steel, welding the original ’Cuda skeleton to it, repainted it Viper White in a seven step process and more.

Sitting under the restored hood is an all-aluminum 572-inch Hemi produced by Moran Motorsports of Taylor, Michigan.
This engine is said to produce more than 850 horsepower and pump out 800-plus pounds of torque. Handling all that power and torque is a beefy GM 4L80E automatic transmission from Bowler Performance Transmissions and adapting it to the engine required a special bellhousing.

In the end, all that work was worth it as the restored Barracuda won the title of Best Street Machine at the inaugural Triple Crown of Rodding at the 34th Annual Hot Rod Roundup. If you have the time, the whole restoration process is worth a read.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 03:57 PM

That is absolutely gorgeous. I would love to see it performing though. Wonder if it's equipped with a line-lock and a trans brake setup on that 4L80E. Would definitely rather see some M/T drag radials or slicks on there.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 03:14 PM

Now that's a real proper restomod. Love it exactly the way it is and I wouldn't change anything. That engine bay is utter perfection. Almost fully symmetrical and clean. Interior isn't overdone at all and I really like the retro vertical gauges for the temp readouts. The diffuser seems to be a bit extreme, but I'm willing to look past that as it is real cool too.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 05:54 AM

Oh god, I think I have fallen in love. This one is a beauty and I definitely love the color. I'm getting something similar once my lease at DSRLeasing expires!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 11:52 AM

Are you going for the older Barracuda or a newer model? The 1970 models looks amazing, but they don't come cheap especially restore specimens like that.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page