Rusty Wrap ? - 2017 Dodge Barracuda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

Rusty Wrap ?

Considering bringing the Cuda back would be essentially bringing it back from the "dead", do you think it would be kinda interesting if they introduced the first one with a rusty wrap like whats on this Challenger Hellcat ?

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 02:32 PM

I wouldn't like that at all, would rather see them release the cuda with colors similar to what we had back in the day. That's how it should be done and sticking to tradition is what works in this scenario. That along with some firsts for the model.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuda View Post
I wouldn't like that at all, would rather see them release the cuda with colors similar to what we had back in the day. That's how it should be done and sticking to tradition is what works in this scenario. That along with some firsts for the model.
Here's a list of factory colors from the 1970 Cuda. Which one would you want to bring back ??

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 12:19 AM

I think that actually looks distinctive and not the kind of rust that makes it look old. Would probably look better on something like a Jeep wrangler but not bad.

Really hard to decide on which old color to being back without seeing the paint on a car.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

That is definitely an idea right there. This would look amazing on a Wrangler. Throw some bash bars, custom steelies, it would look crazy

But that is true.. I still think In Violet (Metallic) would look good on anything with a shape similar to the cuda.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 04:12 PM

Since i've always been a big fan of the original cuda, especially in green, this color scheme is what I rather go for:

Just not sure if I will stick with the same wheels.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

That looks gorgeous. But wheel wise.. this is my idea. The first picture for the fronts, and the second picture for the rears.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 05:25 PM

The rim seems to be placed very deep into the wheel, makes the design a bit hard to see depending on the angle you look at it. Or am I looking at it wrong?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Oh no no you're totally right, I was just exaggerating with that wide and deep of a rim, but something super deep is what I'm going to be going for. Here's a better picture of what the faces look like for the rears

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 12:43 AM

starting to think even some sort of concave style wheel would look good, these days there's a ton of options, fortunately enough to set yourself apart if you are willing to spend the necessary monies.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page