new member - 2017 Dodge Barracuda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-26-2016, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

Hello.

It's my first time exploring other brand like the dodge and it's been an interesting one with the 2017 dodge barracuda.

I'm actually liking the looks of it, but not sure about the reliability of this brand, as I've always driven the other brands like Acura and Nissan.

What's your thoughts on the dodge?
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-27-2016, 02:44 PM

Dodge isn't the most reliable vehicle brand out there. What are you hoping to get with the Barracuda besides the looks?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
Dodge isn't the most reliable vehicle brand out there. What are you hoping to get with the Barracuda besides the looks?
I bet performance is one of them, coupes like what the Cuda will be are fun on the street, great straight line power. Most Japanese brand don't offer a level of performance that American cars can, typically you have to get them up the RPM range.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2016, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi View Post

yeah that's what I've been told, but I heard that this time around, they've step up their game in terms of performance of the car.

So I'm considering it regarding the best performance (as they claim). Also the engine power with the price tag seems reasonable.

I do love the mixture of both sporty and luxury appearance of the car. Along with the retro and modern blend to the exterior car body.

I do hope it gets launched this year, as much as I tell myself I'm not in a rush to upgrade, I really want to.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2016, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuda View Post
I bet performance is one of them, coupes like what the Cuda will be are fun on the street, great straight line power. Most Japanese brand don't offer a level of performance that American cars can, typically you have to get them up the RPM range.
You're right @cuda.

Performance is my #1. The engine specs "6.4-liter V8 engine with 485 horsepower," is very appealing to me and I agree with you how most of the Japanese brand don't offer that.

After all, I've been driving their lines of cars and don't feel there's enough power to it.

This would be my first american car, so it's a game changer for me.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 04:41 PM

I think that Japanese brands think of performance as being something more than just horsepower though.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2016, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOOBarracuda View Post
I think that Japanese brands think of performance as being something more than just horsepower though.
Yeah, that's one reason why I've mainly stayed with the japanese brands for the performance and reliability. But this time around, I had like to venture off to the horsepower for fun.

Perhaps a secondary car.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-17-2016, 05:38 PM

The dodge baracuda will be a beast in straight roads, not sure how it'll do around corners but it's supposed to be in the same league as the BMW 5-series so I assume it'll handle very well.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 12:09 PM

Anyone hoping to see it come to market this year might be out of luck.

Instead, we should at the very least see a concept or pre-production model this year, but even with that coming to light, there's still no saying in when we can finally put money down on one and finally see them in person.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 02:55 PM

Well that's a bit of a let down. If we're seeing a concept model at the end of this year, it could take another year or two for the production model to finally hit the market. I may look to alternatives to tie me over until the Barracuda comes out.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page