Possible Competition... - 2017 Dodge Barracuda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Possible Competition...

Now when I say possible, it's because what I think will be the competition, isn't quite here yet. Or even confirmed for that matter. BUT nonetheless, I think the upcoming (possibly) Ford Torino would directly compete with the Cuda.

Speculated to be priced just above $40k sporting a 5.0L Coyote that would offer easily over 400hp and 400 lb-ft of torque. Considering the new transmission that'll be going into the Mustang, We'll presume it'll come with the same 10-speed automatic. It'll definitely make for a nice change in the industry, something fresh that isn't the same old Mustang vs. Challenger vs. Camaro trio.

Of course RWD. But again, speculated, the Torino will be coming in Sedan and Coupe as it'll be the successor to the Taurus.

I think this could get real interesting, real soon. Especially with this news surfacing, it could even push Dodge to try and release the Cuda before the Torino comes in to play ?

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 02:03 PM

i can see it happening and right now Ford is learning a lot from all the Ford Performance things going on right now, so it's quite likely they could come into this market and crush the Cuda, but then again it all comes down to what they can bring to the table and how they position the various trims. A hellcat cuda or something crazy high in performance can help set the stage for FCA and its Cuda, something that can trickle down to all trims.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

I wouldn't necessarily come to say it's quite likely it would crush it actually. Considering Dodge has lost the Viper, bringing the Cuda' could very well make it the new face of Dodge. Throw in a tuned version of the Hellcat motor just to make it special, offer it with the 6 speed, and you have yourself an ideal Viper replacement. Don't get me wrong, as it stands the "Hellcats" are the big thing for Dodge. But that's the problem, there's the Challenger, Charger, soon to be Jeep, and potentially a Wrangler. I think it would be ideal to have the one standing. Bring in the Cuda'

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page