5.0-7.0 Inch Screens - 2017 Dodge Barracuda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

5.0-7.0 Inch Screens

There's a lots of time left for FCA to change Uconnect however they like but when it comes to sizing of screens, Jeep has it ranging from 5.0-7.0.

Tough to say what the Barracuda will have but I bet right now potential owners have certain wants out of it currently. How big/small of a screen do you want?

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 11:24 AM

Whatever comes in the Challenger is what I'm pretty much going to expect and what I'll be good with (Hellcat models presumably). Just for the sake of being able to really see those power pages and all of that good stuff. If it wasn't for those, I wouldn't mind having a single-din deck with a race logic box or something lol
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

To my surprise a wrangler jl test vehicle was caught testing and someone grabbed a shot of the interior.

I don't know about you guys but this dash looks muscle car like. Already I can see some design DNA that can be shared between the barracuda and JL. Not the two models I expected to mention in the same sentence but just see for yourself:

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 03:07 PM

I can't see muscle car interior anywhere there. Just by looking at the big 3 right now (Camaro, Challenger, Mustang) they look very different from that. I'm also really hoping that Barracuda doesn't come with an interior that looks like that either to be honest.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Well for one what we should expect is a drive focused interior like the Charger. If they can do that to a sedan then odds are a mopar coupe should get it too. Even the Challenger has the same thing going on:

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 05:26 PM

I see nothing wrong with just utilizing the Challenger interior and updating it. If it's going to be a Mopar convertible or coupe (Barracuda) than why would they want to utilize a Mopar Sedan interior and have to make more changes?

The Cuda's said to be built off the Challenger itself.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Same here and no one would care to be honest. No one is expecting them to create a 100% unique product but what they should do are small changes.

One of those changes should be a flat bottom steering wheel or something close enough.

SRT already does something similar:

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 03:55 PM

Lol SRT gave the look of a flat bottom steering wheel but it still isn't flat bottomed. It does look nice though. They really should start offering Hurst or B&M shifter options for both their automatics and manuals. That would be perfect.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi View Post
Lol SRT gave the look of a flat bottom steering wheel but it still isn't flat bottomed. It does look nice though. They really should start offering Hurst or B&M shifter options for both their automatics and manuals. That would be perfect.
That's why I even brought it up in the first place, they made an easy move here, so making another easy move on the Cuda with something similar will be possible. However it doesn't mean they shouldn't offer a BMW-like flat bottom steering wheel, in fact they should. American car makers need things like that more than ever these days.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 12:34 PM

I agree. The only thing American manufacturers are lacking on, and have been lacking on forever, is their interiors. Yeah they're performance is great, now they're suspension and all of that are even great, but the darn interiors are always so cheap and tacky it's ridiculous.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page